- Her 400GB external hard drive. It holds everything, from photos to movies to her private journal (a series of huge Word files dating back to when she was an immature pre-teen, much to her embarrassment) to all her important schoolwork she found important enough to save or scan.
- A pretty tin chocolate box which she used to save all her dearest cards from friends and family. She likes to read them whenever she feels down on herself for a bit of encouragement.
- A pair of worn out sandals she still insists on wearing because they are her squishiest. Besides, she hasn’t been able to find another pair of them afterward, so it’s not like she could go out and buy another one. So she says.
- A battered copy of The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
- A white teddy bear whose once velvety soft ‘fur’ has turned rough and clumped from too many cycles in the washing machine. It was her one constantly lovable companion through the years of constant movement. (
Sibling annoyance FTW.) She never really played with any of her dolls, yet she refuses to part with this raggedy thing.
- The first of two daughters of an army dad and diplomat mother, Anouk has become used to the flurry of constant movement. While homesickness is something she has learned to ignore, she still envies the constant stability of the quintessential American household, and that lifelong fantasy contributed to her decision to Bernard University; she fell in love with what she considers to be the quintessential American university, full of fiery youth and mid-Atlantic charm and the groundedness of faith, although she doesn’t profess to be religious herself.
- Anouk wholeheartedly embraces the policy of “study hard, party hard”. A growing urge to fly off the rail has been burgeoning deep in her stomach ever since she finally moved away from her parents for Bernard University. With so much room to spread her wings and with no one to evaluate her every movement, all the pressures of being her mama and papa’s daughter have been shed from her shoulders, ricocheting her into motion like a sprung coil. She does study hard, really, but she’s finding herself starting to toe the line.
- Anouk’s middle name is Jacqueline — Jacqueline for the beloved Jackie Kennedy, whom her mother highly regarded for her “impeccable taste in fashion”.
- Anouk always enjoys spending time at her grandparents’ house in Palo Alto. (See bullet #1 for the reason.) It’s a flat, open house with an expansive front lawn with orange trees and a swimming pool in the backyard complete with a jacuzzi. She’s particularly fond of their old Labrador.
- She cannot eat spicy food. Seriously. If she sees so much as a flake of pepper in her dish, she will fish it out before taking a single bite.
- The Fear - Ben Howard
- Video Games - Lana Del Rey
- L-O-V-E - Nat King Cole
- Something Or Nothing - Turboweekend
- Winds of Change - Scorpions